Monday, September 23, 2024

Stronger in the Broken Places

SOURCE:  "thanK you aIMee" by Taylor Swift.  https://parade.com/entertainment/thank-you-aimee-lyrics-taylor-swift

https://dailystoic.com/its-how-it-makes-you-heal/

KEYWORDS: Resilience, Healing, Strength, Genesis 50:20-21, Joseph


"Ernest Hemingway wrote about how we can become stronger in the broken places. Taylor Swift, who we wrote about recently, sings in a song thanking someone who bullied her, “I can't forget the way you made me heal.” If we choose to learn from what happened, if we choose to grow from what happened, if we choose not to be made bitter and awful (choose “not be like our enemies,” as Marcus Aurelius wrote), then maybe someday we can be grateful for this experience. Someday we can understand that we wouldn’t have all of this without any of that. We can understand that they gave us something when they took from us, that they healed us when they hurt us."


From "thanK you aIMee" by Taylor Swift

And it was always the same searing pain

But I prayed that one day, I could say

All that time you were throwin' punches, I was buildin' somethin'

And I couldn't wait to show you it was real

Screamed "F—k you, Aimee" to the night sky, as the blood was gushin'

But I can't forget the way you made me heal


Everyone knows that my mother is a saintly woman

But she used to say she wished that you were dead

I pushed each boulder up the hill

Your words are still just ringing in my head, ringing in my head


No comments: