Saturday, August 12, 2006

Prayer

Reference:
http://insights.sonrisestudio.com/2006/03/lord-help-me.html
from the Presbyterian Planning Calendar 2005-2006

Keywords: strength, presence

“Lord, help me to persist although I want to give up.
Lord, help me to keep trying although I can’t see what good it does.
Lord, help me to keep praying although I’m not sure You hear me.
Lord, help me to keep living in ways that seek to please You.
Lord, help me to know when to lead and when to follow.
Lord, help me to know when to speak and when to remain silent.
Lord, help me to know when to act and when to wait.”

This prayer was written by Marian Wright Edelman (1943-present) who is founder and president of the Children’s Defense Fund. She is a lawyer, educator, reformer and children’s advocate, she was the first African American woman admitted to the Mississippi state bar.

This is a quote from her book: Guide My Feet: Prayers and Mediations for Our Children, Beacon Press, Boston, MA 1995.

No comments: