floating around the internet
Keyword: love, Christmas, busy, overwhelmed,
If I decorate my house perfectly with red and green bows, strands of twinkling lights and shiny balls, but do not show love to my family, I'm just another decorator.
If I slave away in the kitchen, baking dozens of Christmas cookies, preparing gourmet meals and arranging a beautifully adorned table at mealtime, but do not show love to my family, I'm just another cook.
If I work at the soup kitchen, carol in the nursing home, and give all that I have to charity, but do not show love to my family, it profits me nothing.
If I trim the spruce with shimmering angels and crocheted snowflakes, attend a myriad of holiday parties and sing in the choir's cantata, but do not focus on Christ, I have missed the point.
· Love stops the cooking to hug the child.
· Love sets aside the decorating to kiss the husband.
· Love is kind, though hurried and tired.
· Love doesn't envy another's home that has coordinated Christmas china and table linens.
· Love doesn't yell at the kids to get out of the way, but is thankful they are there to be in the way.
· Love doesn't give only to those who are able to give in return but rejoices in giving to those who can't.
· Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
· Love never fails.
· Video games will break, pearl necklaces will be lost, golf clubs will rust,
but giving the gift of love will endure forever